This is a 9 Day tour through Himachal Pradesh in the North-West Himalayan region of India. The tour includes a visit to the Dalai Lama’s temple in McLeod Ganj, Dharamshala. Also included is a visit to a tea estate; one night in guest accommodation at a Buddhist monastery; a drive along the river Beas to the popular snow resort of Manali; a two night stay in a former Raj residence, now a hotel in Mandi; a visit to the pilgrimage town of Rewalsar with its peaceful lake and monasteries. Accommodation*, taxi and tour guide is included in the price of the tour.
Contact us to request a quote.
- Day 1 Pick up from your hotel in **Aero-city, Delhi. Drive to Dharamshala in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh, stops for lunch and refreshments enroute.
- Day 2 A visit to the Dalai Lama’s Temple in McLeod Ganj. Enjoy some shopping in the Tibetan markets and try some delicious Tibetan momos (steamed dumplings) for lunch. An afternoon visit to Dal lake.
- Day 3 Check out from Hotel in McLeod Ganj and travel to Palampur tea estate for morning tea. Kangra valley green tea is famous for its delicate flavour. Proceed onto the Tibetan colony of Bir. Here you will stay one night at the beautiful Sherabling monastery.
- Day 4 Drive to Manali in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. There is breathtaking scenery on the drive through the valleys by the Beas river enroute to Manali. Arrive at your hotel in the evening for some rest and relaxation. Treat yourself to a relaxing massage in the hotel’s adjoining spa.
- Day 5 Wander down the paved mall of Manali’s vibrant town for some shopping. A trek through Old Manali to see the quaint homesteads of the mountain folk while taking in the majestic white peaks. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can take a zip ride across the Manulsu river.
- Day 6 A visit to Naggar castle and art museum. The art museum was once the Himalayan home of Russian artist Nicolas Roerich and houses much of his work. The castle is a 500 year old stone and wooden fortress built by the Raj. It is now a hotel and restaurant.
- Day 7 Leave Manali and travel to Mandi, the capital of Mandi District in Himachal Pradesh. Here you will stay two nights at a former Raj residence, now a hotel. It has a wonderful outdoor seating area under its huge mango trees where you can sample the wonderful flavours of India.
- Day 8 A trip to the pilgrimage town of Rewalsar with its 12 meter high statue of Guru Padmasambhava overlooking the lake and small town. There are caves high above the town said to be the place where Padmasambhava gave his teachings. These caves are now home to Buddhist nuns and yogis.
- Day 9 Leave Mandi for Delhi, stopping for lunch and refreshments along the way.
*Accommodation rate is based on double occupancy, there is a supplement for single occupancy.
•• Accommodation in Delhi is not included with the Himalayan tours (it is only included for persons taking the Taj Mahal and Delhi Tour). Aero-city is a strip of 4 and 5 star hotels near Indira Ghandi International airport. (We recommend you choose a hotel here for your arrival and departure in Delhi).